The kinds of accidents in New Jersey that often require the victims to file a civil lawsuit against those responsible include:
- Auto Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Products liability Accidents
- Medical malpractice Accidents
To get a sense of how serious the problem of at-fault NJ accidents, we offer these statistics.
Auto accident statistics
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) reports that in 2008, more than 30,000 people died in U.S. auto accidents. Of these, 4,378 were pedestrians and 716 were bicyclists. In New Jersey alone, 590 people lost their lives in auto-related accidents.
While this is a 19 percent improvement over the previous year, it nonetheless represents not only 590 lost lives but a much higher number of lives permanently and negatively affected by the loss of a loved one.
Of these 590 New Jersey deaths reported by DOT—
- 34% involved crashes into fixed objects, such as buildings, trees, stationary vehicles, and guard rails
- 3% resulted from crashes involving overturned vehicles
- 27% were non-motorists
Workplace injury statistics
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics for the federal government reports in 2008—
- An astronomical 3,696,100 workplace accidents nationally accounting for 1,078,100 lost days of work
- 5,214 workers lost their lives on the job
- In the New Jersey/New York metropolitan region, 201 workers lost their lives on the job
Medical malpractice statistics
The 2003 Annual Report of the National Practitioner Data Bank, the USDHHS reveals that in New Jersey between 1990 and 2003—
- 7,762 medical malpractice payment reports were made against physicians
- 62 medical malpractice payment reports were made against New Jersey nurses
Caring accident attorneys in NJ
NJ accident lawsuits are best handled by an accident attorney in NJ who has years of experience litigating injury cases in our state. If you find such a qualified attorney, how much harder it is to find accident attorneys in NJ who provide a personal level of care because they actually care. Fortunately, your search for such a NJ injury lawyer is over. At Corradino & Papa, LLC, our attorneys only handle accident law. They have the strong legal skills and the heart to help you during this difficult time to get the compensation you deserve. When you work with any of our lawyers, you can expect a personal care approach because we care.
When you are injured and suffering from the negligence of others, contact an accident attorney in NJ at our firm for a caring, determined approach to personal injury litigation. You can also visit us at Corradino and Papa, LLC 935 Allwood Rd # 240, Clifton, NJ or call us locally at (973) 685-6596.